Thursday 19 April 2018

Pinkie Needlepoint

I did finally finish Pinkie a few months ago...this is a photo of Pinkie with the Blue Boy done by hubby's mom:







I tried to match the frame and matting as close to Blue Boy as possible and it turned out very nice, if I do say so myself. I am so gratified that I am thinking of other projects to decorate our walls.

While working on Pinkie I would often think about the poem by Anonymous titled The Weaver. I know weaving is a different craft but there are many  things said in the poem that also apply to needlepoint; the blending of different colours and the messy underside, for example.

The poem goes like this:

the reason why
My life is but a weaving
Between my Lord and me,
I cannot choose the colors
He worketh steadily.

Oftimes He weaveth sorrow,
And I in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper
And I, the underside.

Not till the loom in silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why.

The dark threads are as needful
In the Weaver's skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.

- Author Unknown





While working on Pinkie, I couldn't imagine what the finished project would look like until I saw it finished and framed on the wall at the needlepoint shop where I had it framed.

So it is with us as well. We might have glimpses of wonderful things the Lord gives us in this life, but as the poem states so well, we do not see nor understand why we must go through painful trials and hardships while we are here in our mortality. But some day we will get to see how all of these things were necessary in the work the Lord was doing in us, making us into His beautiful likeness, bearing scars that actually make the finished picture more beautiful.

  dark threads are as needful
In the Weaver's skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.

- Author Unknown

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and apt illustration, Susan! Praise God that we can trust that He will work all things together for our good and His glory, for He loves us infinitely and has perfect knowledge and all power to know and to do what is best.
    Thanks for the beautiful post and God bless,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurie, your posts are a blessing as well, thank you for your comments and for visiting with me here ❤️

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much. Ik ken het ook in het Nederlands en vaak wordt het gekoppeld aan Corrie ten Boom. Maar de schrijver is eigenlijk onbekend hรจ? Het heeft als titel: "The Weaver"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halo Aritha, ja de schrijver is unbekend...dat wist ik ook niet tot gisteren...thank you for your sweet comment ๐Ÿ˜˜

      Delete
  3. Hi! I simply wish to give you a huge thumbs up for the great info you have got
    here on this post. I am returning to your website for more soon.

    ReplyDelete


Please be as gracious as you would like others to be to you. Thank you :)




Please try to keep your comments on the topic of the post you are commenting on.

If there is a link to an article or podcast, or if there is an embedded video please view these before airing your views on the posting. If you clearly did not watch video/read link I may choose to not respond to it ...particularly if you have a question that is already answered on link or video.

Opposing viewpoints are of course allowed here as long as the conversation remains civil. If it runs on and on and becomes burdensome and repetitive I will probably lock the comments on that posting. Thank you, I hope we can grow together in a true friendship as God would have it. ๐Ÿ™‚