Tuesday 7 August 2018

Summer Blues....







A blogger friend posted a photo that reminded me of this one that hubby had taken of me in 2016 at Daytona Beach. The water was warm, it was a beautiful September morning...

Today I was somewhat melancholy that the summer seems to be passing by so quickly. The garden centers are having their sales to get rid of what inventory they still have to get rid of. I even saw some trees last weekend that were showing a slight bit of colour change. My how quickly time passes.

When I was first saved many, many years ago I was at the Lake Shrine in Pacific Palisades (a New Age church and park) reading through the New testament. The words were wonderful as they washed over me while I read them, but none of them stuck....I couldn't remember a thing of what I had read of the book of Romans, nor of Acts of the Apostles, nor of any of the gospels. I paused my reading as I pondered this sad fact, sending my thoughts to the Lord hoping He would help me. Just then, a young woman walked down the path from where the people were gathered ; church had just let out. She walked up to me and asked "Excuse me, do you have the time?" I glanced at my watch and told her what it showed me. She promptly thanked me and whisked back up the path. The very next verses I read were:

Romans 13:11-14
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.   The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.   Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.   But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof. (KJV)

That was 30 years ago. It seems with each passing year time  is speeding up. Even fallen man knows that the hour is late. Last time I heard about it, they moved the minute hand of the doomsday clock to 2 minutes to midnite. I pray that we will be ready for whatever lays ahead of us. The Lord will provide us with the wisdom and strength to meet it.....if we ask Him.




4 comments:

  1. Susan, what a wonderful testimony! Praise the Lord that He shows us exactly what we need, when we need it. No man knows the day or the hour when Jesus will return, but we do know for certain that His return is one day closer today than it was yesterday. Time in this mortal body is flying away. May He grant us grace to serve Him with all He has given us, while there is still time.
    Thanks for the great post and God bless,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie! So true. After that happened I was remembering more of what I was reading...and better yet, verses would come to mind at the appropriate times when I would need them. God is so good! Storing up His word for the time when there will be a famine of His word...I think that famine is beginning...

      Delete
  2. Zo mooi on te lezen. Heel mooie foto. Lijkt inderdaad op die van mij!

    ReplyDelete


Please be as gracious as you would like others to be to you. Thank you :)




Please try to keep your comments on the topic of the post you are commenting on.

If there is a link to an article or podcast, or if there is an embedded video please view these before airing your views on the posting. If you clearly did not watch video/read link I may choose to not respond to it ...particularly if you have a question that is already answered on link or video.

Opposing viewpoints are of course allowed here as long as the conversation remains civil. If it runs on and on and becomes burdensome and repetitive I will probably lock the comments on that posting. Thank you, I hope we can grow together in a true friendship as God would have it. 🙂