Friday 8 April 2022

Almost Spring…well…

 Actually spring began March 21st, but it is always a little bit late reaching us in Ontario. I am trying my hand at winter sowing…



I planted mostly flowers from seed in the bins. I planted them mid February and they are just beginning to pop up. We still get freezing temperatures at night so they are growing quite slowly and many of the seeds have yet to show any signs of life. I was beginning to think it wasn’t working and that all my seeds had died. So I searched the Internet to find out more and discovered that it can take up to 8 weeks for the seeds to sprout! 



Only a few parsley plants showing up in this one so far…can you see them?



Does that help? Yeah, just barely out of the ground…man, this process requires patience!! 



Some sunflowers and lupines….


Black flowered Johnny jump ups and bee balm starting up in this one…


Crocus


Miniature iris

Around the garden some of my bulbs are pushing up through the soil. A couple have even started flowering!


A storm is brewing. Time to go inside and do some more housework ☺️ 

6 comments:

  1. Do you put the containers inside at night so they don't freeze?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy, no, the seeds I planted are the kind that require “stratification”, which means they need to go through a freeze or two or more…they are plants that grow in my zone (5). 🙂

      Delete
  2. Susan,
    I would say you are an excellent gardener. As we are very close to the Irish sea things are slightly different regarding growing plants, but I still love doing it. I don't know if I have told you but for some reason, the same as my mum was, I seem to be able to plant and grow some things from seeds or sticks. I have grown a fig tree from a fig, and a grape vine from a grape pip. (which I had in a greenhouse in West Wales) Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s wonderful Brenda! I have to work really hard at it, but my mom just like you and your mom grow things easily without effort. I love flowers and think the Lord is so amazing to give us so much beauty in this world, and cannot even imagine the perfect one He has planned. ❤️

      Delete
  3. Hi Susan, I just thought that your friend John might be interested in sharing the contents of my other blog, which was written for those who do not know Jesus, with maybe the atheists in his group. He is welcome to share anything he wants. God bless. The other blog is https://fatherithankyouforjesus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brenda
    Thank you, I will let him know ❤️
    — Susan

    ReplyDelete


Please be as gracious as you would like others to be to you. Thank you :)




Please try to keep your comments on the topic of the post you are commenting on.

If there is a link to an article or podcast, or if there is an embedded video please view these before airing your views on the posting. If you clearly did not watch video/read link I may choose to not respond to it ...particularly if you have a question that is already answered on link or video.

Opposing viewpoints are of course allowed here as long as the conversation remains civil. If it runs on and on and becomes burdensome and repetitive I will probably lock the comments on that posting. Thank you, I hope we can grow together in a true friendship as God would have it. 🙂