Friday 15 April 2011

Revolution



I keep seeing and hearing the theme "Revolution". I see it in movies like "I Robot" and hear it in popular music, and in commentaries like those from Alex Jones and Gerald Celente. Am I worried? No. Do I think it will happen? Maybe not this year or next (and then again, it may happen that soon), but it will happen and we need to be strong in the Lord, not strong in our own strength. We need to be fully at rest in Jesus no matter how terrible our circumstances become. We need to be able to say, as Jesus said: "not my will, but Thine be done" even if that means we experience extreme hardship, perhaps even death (by beheading? It no longer seems so far fetched to me).



The followers of Jesus in the first century went through horrendous hardships, and we need to be ready to do the same, if need be. Let's be strong in the power of the Lord, in trusting Him no matter what. He is able to take us through any storm, no matter how difficult and terrifying. I'm sure those Christians who were fed to the lions weren't exactly happy about it...but it increased their love of God, and it made them happier to leave this sinful world.

The Apostle Paul said:

2Co 11:24  Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
2Co 11:25  Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
2Co 11:26  In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
2Co 11:27  In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness. 





and the Apostle Paul also said:


Eph 6:10  Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Eph 6:11  Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13  Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Eph 6:14  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16  Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Eph 6:18  Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints


 





4 comments:

  1. Tribulation and persecution are coming. My prayer is that I would be strong and faithful.


    Gregg Metcalf
    Colossians 1:28-29

    Gospel-driven Disciples

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Not worth the paper it's not printed on!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gregg: I agree, and I think my troubles (small though they are at this time) are teaching me to pray and trust Jesus.

    Ma: I know, and it's so true, and the U.S. is running out of ways to keep the thing afloat. I'm constantly amazed that it hasn't crashed yet (in my mind, it's like an enormous ship swaying out of control ready to capsize). I can only think it is because God hasn't allowed it yet. He is so gracious and long suffering. I'm waiting to see how high gas prices will go this year...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we are going to see the "in perils of false brethren" with the falling away during the difficult times soon to come, it's already beginning...

    ReplyDelete


Please be as gracious as you would like others to be to you. Thank you :)




Please try to keep your comments on the topic of the post you are commenting on.

If there is a link to an article or podcast, or if there is an embedded video please view these before airing your views on the posting. If you clearly did not watch video/read link I may choose to not respond to it ...particularly if you have a question that is already answered on link or video.

Opposing viewpoints are of course allowed here as long as the conversation remains civil. If it runs on and on and becomes burdensome and repetitive I will probably lock the comments on that posting. Thank you, I hope we can grow together in a true friendship as God would have it. 🙂