Saturday 12 July 2014

Summer Reading

My DH got me started on a Jeffrey Archer binge lately, just finished "Kane and Abel". I enjoyed it, although...well, it was one of his earlier works so perhaps that might be a reason that I found portions of it good and some portions of it were so-so. Overall it was an enjoyable read.

Recently I saw one of the complainers against God and His word say that the book of Daniel is one of the problematic areas that caused this person to think the Bible is not true...then as I sought out more info (I admit that Daniel and the 70 weeks prophecy is not a strong area for me) and found this:

www.tektonics.org/af/danieldefense.php#nodan

It is true that you will find whatever supports what you want to believe. If you want to believe the Bible is true, of course you will seek the information that substantiates and confirms that idea. If you want to believe those who hate the Bible and hate the God of Israel and distrust Jesus sacrifice for sin, you will seek the sources which will support you with the "proof" to further entrench you in that kind of thinking as well. I guess it is clear whose side I'm on. ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment


Please be as gracious as you would like others to be to you. Thank you :)




Please try to keep your comments on the topic of the post you are commenting on.

If there is a link to an article or podcast, or if there is an embedded video please view these before airing your views on the posting. If you clearly did not watch video/read link I may choose to not respond to it ...particularly if you have a question that is already answered on link or video.

Opposing viewpoints are of course allowed here as long as the conversation remains civil. If it runs on and on and becomes burdensome and repetitive I will probably lock the comments on that posting. Thank you, I hope we can grow together in a true friendship as God would have it. 🙂