Wednesday 4 December 2019

Cleaning Out the Cobwebs

There are many things I’ve been meaning to do and haven’t, such as organizing my desk and cleaning out my bedroom closet, and this week has given me time and drive to do just that. Sometimes the way out of a slump is to get into those corners and dark places in the home and get cleaning.

I begin by taking everything out and then decide what goes (to the garbage or thrift store) and what stays.

When Jesus saved me, many years ago, He reached into the darkest corners of my being, shone His light on them, and cleaned me thoroughly. Yet over time I have collected a lot of junk that doesn’t get used or isn’t needed...both in my spirit and in my house.  Speaking in Biblical terms we collect dirt on our feet as we walk along the path and our feet need continual cleaning so we don’t get dirty diseased feet that cannot carry us on down the road of life. This also goes for the home. I do my usual every day and weekly cleaning, tidying up the kitchen and bathrooms, doing laundry, etc, but I have my clutter areas that collect stuff that “I will get to later when I have time”...but that time keeps escaping me, as other more urgent or demanding situations keep diverting my attention in other directions.

In my spirit I have collected memories that are good and beneficial, but also have stored away things that were hurtful and unhealthy, things that I have kept in the deeper recesses, the closets of my being. Just like the closet in my home, these areas deep in my being need cleaning out as well.

Today as I clean my bedroom closet I will be praying that Jesus will clean these deeper areas in my life where I have been storing things that once again require His light to shine brightly illuminating what needs sorting out and throwing out. Let the clutter not hinder my walk, but may I truly serve the Lord by serving others with clean hands and feet and a clean heart that is filled with His perfect light.

Proverbs 4:14-19 Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men.
Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away.
 For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall.
For they eat the bread of wickedness, and drink the wine of violence.
But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.
The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Susan,
    a lovely encouraging post to which I say ' 'Amen' Lord and help me to only keep the 'good' of Your Word to me in my renewed mind, and not the 'junk' that the spiritual enemy is trying to place there.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan,
    God bless you and the family with all that He has to give you over the celebration of His Son's birth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So important to keep the mind cleaned out. By that I mean hurtful memories that we should not keep. The Lord is leading me in that. Sometimes it is a struggle.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete


Please be as gracious as you would like others to be to you. Thank you :)




Please try to keep your comments on the topic of the post you are commenting on.

If there is a link to an article or podcast, or if there is an embedded video please view these before airing your views on the posting. If you clearly did not watch video/read link I may choose to not respond to it ...particularly if you have a question that is already answered on link or video.

Opposing viewpoints are of course allowed here as long as the conversation remains civil. If it runs on and on and becomes burdensome and repetitive I will probably lock the comments on that posting. Thank you, I hope we can grow together in a true friendship as God would have it. 🙂