Thursday 5 September 2019

Autumn




Summer won’t officially be over until September 23rd and yet the change in the weather over the past week tells me that autumn has decided to ignore the calendar. There is a chill in the air, and it happened suddenly...one day it still felt like summer and then the next day it didn’t.

I’ve been trying to catch up on yard work, repotting plants, weeding (always weeding) relocating some of the flowering plants in our garden...I can never catch up! Soon I’ll have to remove some of my bulbs (canalilies, calalilies, dahlias, gladiolus) and divide our hostas and sedum, and trim down or remove the rest to prepare for winter.



I saw this guy so I had to look him up, 
turns out apple farmers don’t care for this one
at all! 😯

Over the summer I got to spend some time with my mom, my brother, and my sis-in-law in California while my sneaky husband did some outdoor redecorating 



Next spring we plan on adding shrubs and maybe a couple of dwarf fruit trees.

We are blessed ❤️

4 comments:

  1. What a nice "guy" and great decoration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is awesome, geweldig! 😊❤️ I love your blogs, your photo blog is so inspiring, I hope to be able to go to those castles in Holland some day.

      Delete
  2. Hi Susan,
    Join the club as far as trying to catch up on things is concerned. I love the pics, and think the little 'guy' is gorgeous. The weather here has been quite the opposite, instead of going colder it is getting warmer, really strange.... By the way, my husbands aunt married a dutch pilot during the war and lived in Eindhoven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Brenda — Susan

    ReplyDelete


Please be as gracious as you would like others to be to you. Thank you :)




Please try to keep your comments on the topic of the post you are commenting on.

If there is a link to an article or podcast, or if there is an embedded video please view these before airing your views on the posting. If you clearly did not watch video/read link I may choose to not respond to it ...particularly if you have a question that is already answered on link or video.

Opposing viewpoints are of course allowed here as long as the conversation remains civil. If it runs on and on and becomes burdensome and repetitive I will probably lock the comments on that posting. Thank you, I hope we can grow together in a true friendship as God would have it. πŸ™‚