Thursday 25 March 2021

Readiness....Being Prepared or Left Behind

 

This morning was trash pick up day. I had some trash I needed to get from the workshop, it was 8 am and the trash guys don’t usually reach us before 10 am and most often don’t reach us until 1 or 2 in the afternoon....but not today. Today, while I was busy getting the trash together in the shop ....”I have PLENTY of time...” the trash truck flew by our house. 😭🥺

After I got over my anger and self loathing for not being ready earlier, it reminded me of a Bible warning:


Matthew 24:42  Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. 


We don’t know when Jesus will return but He did say it will be at an hour we won’t be expecting it....like the trash men...I thought I had plenty of time to get everything in order, but little did I know...




I did end up getting other things needing my attention done...and I made a healthy breakfast of oatmeal, with raspberries, pecans, and real maple syrup...it was oh so yummy. So I counted my blessings, especially for that reminder that no one knows the day nor the hour. 


Although I do not hold to the pretrib theory, I also realize the last day of my mortality can come at any time, and THAT will be the day (maybe today!) that Jesus will come for me. I need to be alert and anticipating His coming with thanksgiving in my heart that is prepared to meet Him.



.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan,
    yes, I believe we are very close to the Lord coming back, and we do not know what tomorrow brings.

    ReplyDelete


Please be as gracious as you would like others to be to you. Thank you :)




Please try to keep your comments on the topic of the post you are commenting on.

If there is a link to an article or podcast, or if there is an embedded video please view these before airing your views on the posting. If you clearly did not watch video/read link I may choose to not respond to it ...particularly if you have a question that is already answered on link or video.

Opposing viewpoints are of course allowed here as long as the conversation remains civil. If it runs on and on and becomes burdensome and repetitive I will probably lock the comments on that posting. Thank you, I hope we can grow together in a true friendship as God would have it. 🙂